1. For teacher appreciation day, the parents gave me buffalo wings.
2. Can’t get enough of The Wailin’ Jennys.
3. The new Radiohead album is terrible. In other words, the Emperor has no clothes.
4. I am weary of brash, angry, young pastors and I’m thirsty for men with quiet wisdom.
5. Baseball season.
6. I thought about buying one of those cheesy bumper stickers at the local Christian bookstore but then I thought, “Why would I do that when I can say it on Twitter and facebook?!”
7. Not sleeping well. I blame the Republicans for keeping their campaign promises of fiscal responsibility.
8. Birmingham is a great city.
9. Check out this great app for the iPhone from my alma mater, Covenant Seminary.
10. Stop. It is finished.
Update: In an unprecedented and sure to be controversial albeit historic move, I have been compelled by thoughtful critique to add an 11th thought regarding our favorite food group here at SFN.
11. My almost-two-year-old, Dylan will not eat anything…except bacon. ‘atta boy Dylan. ‘atta boy.
I'm disappointed. I've come to expect more words about bacon in your random thoughts. No bacon love this time. Deplorable.
I too was upset not to hear of bacon. Like the idea of 'quiet wisdom'….
Check the update fellas
#4. Right now indeed. I would trade 50 'piss'n'vinegars' for 1 Ray Ortlund.
I am trying to be less brash and angry…