1. This post by Kevin DeYoung about Bell’s book is good and respectful.
2. I read Shakespeare’s Measure for Measure again this past weekend for sermon prep. It is hard to get over his genius.
3. I don’t trust people who don’t eat bacon.
4. My son, who is five, and I played catch with a ball and our gloves for the first time the other day. Very special time. Each sound of the ball hitting the glove was an echo of my Dad and I doing the same.
5. Advice: Don’t eat at a chinese restaurant where the sugar packets are from Captain D’s.
6. The Young, Restless and Reformed segment of evangelicalism is one characterized by smackdown.
7. My kids are so disobedient. I keep telling them to stop growing up and they just keep on doing it.
8. I got to spend time with some of my former students from Mississippi this past Saturday. I am still reeling from the joy of seeing them and watching them walk in faith.
9. Some are arguing that we should do away with nuclear reactors because of the possible meltdowns due to the earthquake in Japan. Whereas, I would argue we should do away with earthquakes.
10. Whoever is making the decision about retaining Daylight Savings Time does not have any young children.