1. We are on day 15 of #diet2015 and I can no longer even remember the last time I ate pizza.
2. I have applied for so many jobs over the past few years and gotten the standard rejection email so many times, I can feel a numbness setting in. That seems worse than the exhausted hope of disappointment I once felt. At least, that’s how I’d view it in someone else.
3. Giving away my book for free on Noisetrade is fun. We need the money. But honestly, that’s part of the fun and I cannot explain that at all.
4. There is no room in the message of the good news of what God has done in Jesus for preaching on our potential to do something special. It is crowded out by our sin and God’s grace.
5. Book two is coming.
6. Someone asked me if I still wanted to go back to pastoral ministry. That’s a complicated question. If I were approached, I would talk to a church. But I refuse to apply in the way I apply for other jobs outside of ministry.
7. The deeper I go into grace, the more I see how I forgive my own particular sins easier than I forgive the sins of others with which I do not struggle.
8. So far my New Years Resolution to enjoy my wife’s cooking is going well.
9. The more you see yourself as a sheep without a shepherd apart from the mercy of the Holy Spirit, the more likely you are to be kind to the discouraged and dying. You know the territory well.
10. The best investment we have made for 2015 has been The Mockingbird Devotional.