1. I ache for baseball season. I don’t know if this is a good thing but it feels like my childhood and that was a good thing.
2. The only privileged status Jesus enjoyed could not be seen.
3. Far too often I dream of someone famous getting ahold of my book and recommending it so I can make more money and take my wife on a date to Wendy’s.
4. When I write I’m thinking about Hemingway. Everyone is writing like Voskamp and Piper these days. I want to be Hemingway. A whole other Universe. Who cares if I get there? It’d be better to burn up in the stratosphere of singular writing than just get along on such well-trodden ground.
5. I’m going to two concerts in the next couple of months because growing up is stupid.
6. Social media is a good way for celebrities to engage the nobodies. But usually it’s just used for marketing and promotion. Christian or otherwise.
7. I finished an email interview this week. Only those of you with a stutter will understand how much I enjoyed not having to talk to people I couldn’t see.
8. My brilliant wife suggested we get a St. Louis Cardinals flag to fly by the front door of our house and it was then I fell in love all over again.
9. If “simul iustus et peccator” is true, we should not be surprised to see people acting in complete opposition to what they say they believe as Christians.
10. Repeat after me: “Dear God, Please find Matt a new job. Amen.”