1. This morning after my run I looked up. While everyone slept, the sky was on fire. I stopped and stared and the few passing cars stared at me. The clouds were an upside down lava-field. The mountains in the distance could only hope they were spared.
2. I could look at my coming birthday as growing a year older or an opportunity to get more records.
3. I think kids should study Dylan in school. Not studying him is myopic and a confusion of how culture is shaped.
4. My fear is the guy on that album is not a worship leader. Because it’s not worship. He’s not a leader. It’s entertainment and that’s a concert with highly emotive and forgettable music.
5. Looking forward to not raking my leaves because the wind will just blow them into my neighbors’ yards anyway.
6. I don’t miss going to the ballpark on Friday nights for practice. People said I would. But they don’t understand my love for my home.
7. Baseball season is almost over. Which is stupid.
8. I’m not saying the fact that vinyl records are the same shape as a pizza is irrelevant.
9. Your pet is not your child.
10. Starting in a few days I’ll be publishing posts to this blog on vinyl albums I’ve bought this year. Less review that just rumination on my enjoyment of these albums. So get ready.