2. I have no affection for either presidential candidate. But I have a theory about Trump and the charge of racism against him. First, hasn’t every Republican candidate been accused of this for the past 20 years? Second, it may be true that he is. But I don’t think his supporters care anymore. And why should they care? The suspicion of racism now equals the charge. And the charges are constant. While I do not think these are good excuses, I think they may be reasons. “You think I’m a racist because I support Trump? Who cares? You probably thought I was one before anyway.”
3. I am about to finish a 6 month reading of the NT and what I find completely missing is the demand for rights and freedom.
4. How is it only Thursday?
5. Listening to my wife sing along with a new record is the best.
6. Still amazed at how many people I know that are experts in foreign policy and European economics.
7. Wonder is a painful read because of memories held tightly on a string to the past and experiences anchored in the present.
8. The only thing worse than vapid, intellectually-void expressions of faith on social media is elitist snobbery refusing to see the best in those, who are just as much part of Christ’s body, the Church.
9. I need a vacation like a fat kid needs cake.
10. I’m looking forward to the 4th so I can eat hamburgers wrapped in lettuce. Yep, I said it.