2. Going to a Jason Isbell show at the Alabama Theatre and listening to everyone sing “Alabama Pines” is a powerful thing. My heart didn’t stop beating till about 1 AM.
3. It’s not that I’m not writing. I’m writing as much as my hands will let me. And right now that’s a short devotional for my SS class each morning, excluding Sundays. And it’s the most enjoyable writing I’ve ever done.
4. Went to a BBQ restaurant and couldn’t finish my meal. I don’t even know me anymore.
5. I’m really not sure who you could compare Jason Isbell to. His ability to play guitar masterfully, write great melodies with truly poetic lyrics, and have a voice as great as an Alabama dusk, seem pretty unparalleled right now.
6. In two weeks we’re going on vacation and I feel as if we’ll sail into that rest with tattered sails.
7. I don’t wanna brag but I did win the cornhole tournament at work.
8. I miss my parents. It comes and goes. But for some reason I’ve missed them in a deep way this past week. You never really move past the grief, you just get used to it being there.
9. I couldn’t believe how many older folks were at the Isbell show. I’m talking 70 plus years old. It was great.
10. Going to a great concert is fun. But going with Bethany is my absolute favorite. Especially when she enjoys it as much as I do.