1. I live in one of two not-so-distinct realities. Either I am reading Witness by Whittaker Chambers or just thinking about it.
2. Everyone I know who rails against the ‘American Dream‘ lives in a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house (or better) and can pay their bills because they have a job.
3. Can’t we all just be honest and admit that we all have racist thoughts and say racist things sometimes so we can stop being shocked about it?
4. I have yet to think of anything edible not improved by bacon. (I would appreciate my Jewish readers referring back to #3.) Update: No offense intended…just New Covenant/bacon humor. Update 2: Wait…I have Jewish readers? Which one of my 5 readers is Jewish?
5. I think it makes perfect sense for Pelosi to remain the face of the Democratic Party. Mind you, it is not necessarily her face.
6. In the story of the Tax Collector and the Pharisee, we want to be seen as the former while still talking like the latter.
7. Why would anyone ever buy a Fleetwood Mac Greatest Hits album when you can hear one of their songs on the radio at any point during the day?
8. If a tree falls down in the woods and no one is there to hear it, ESPN would report that Cam Newton pushed it down.
9. So I will not forget the curse, I am forced to always have a car in the repair shop.
10. Nick Fairley pushed down that tree…leading with his helmet.