1. The grace of God for us covers the gracelessness we show toward others.
2. Needing to have the best is a terrible slavery.
3. The myth of America as a Christian nation is revealed in our collective hope in politicians and our hatred towards those we disagree with.
4. Ray LaMontagne
5. In all seriousness, how insecure do you have to be to make fun of someone who likes cheap beer? Related, don’t complain about your student debt if you’re drinking the expensive beer.
6. The most engaging political act is praying “Thy kingdom come.”
7. The older I get the less I need to be entertained. I can’t tell if it’s contentment or resignation.
8. I’ve been reading through Keller’s Counterfeit Gods and it’s killing me. In a very painful way.
9. The writer of The God of the Mundane struggles in his cubicle.
10. Last night we watched the scene where Jesus raises Lazarus in The Gospel of John movie. I imagine that Jesus had no doubt that His friend would walk out of the tomb by his command. As God’s Son, his soul swirled with assurance. I want that kind of assurance of God’s love and in the hope of my own resurrection.
5. Not to make fun of, of course, but it’s kind of like having a really good cook in the house, and the kids only wanting to eat hot dogs and Mac n cheese from the box. Hey, people like what they like, but you happen to know that they are missing out on something so much better.
“7. There is a second lawsuit coming against SGM and its leaders. When it comes there will be no statute of limitations. There will be sworn testimony. This is being called the largest child sex abuse scandal in evangelicalism and the evangelical elite remain silent except for their support of CJ Mahaney.”
Just a note of clarity; it is actually simply ALLEGED – without any supporting proof what-so-ever that – this is the “largest child sex abuse scandal in evangelicalism.” Does Boz actually KNOW this or did he simply throw it out. He simply threw it out, without proof. sigh
I really like blogs to state factual truths, not allegations as if they were truth. When true truth is actually stated and confirmed, then we’ll hear from the “Evangelical elite.” Probably not before.
This comment could have been copied and pasted from responses to the allegations against the Catholic Church before it was fully unveiled in the courts.
Ray LaMontagne. Yep. already all over that one. Thank you for stating such amazing truths!