2. On Sunday mornings I will begin teaching through the book of Romans. Stronger than armies, Paul’s letter always leaves hearts and minds changed in its wake. Some for faith. Some hearts are hardened. But always changed.
3. Who told you numbers were the final measurement?
4. For the first time in a long while we took a family vacation and came out on the other side, rested. I woke up early each morning. Made coffee. Sat on our deck overlooking the Gulf. Drank said coffee. Enjoyed the sea air. Listened to the waves. Read the Count of Monte Cristo. Listened to Springsteen or Radiohead. Waited for Bethany to join me.
5. The best part of the Olympics is the unexpected win of someone who has never won before.
6. It’s true there is a lot of food I once enjoyed I no longer can eat. But I can eat as much as I want of everything else. And still lose weight.
7. Social media is a cheap mob’s weapon.
8. I take it back, the best part of the Olympics is watching Bethany enjoy them every night.
9. My rights are never defended in the NT.
10. The week Radiohead released A Moon Shaped Pool, I listened to it three times. It took my breath away. But I stopped listening because I knew I would eventually buy the LP version. This week I received it in the mail and it is one of the most beautiful and captivating pieces of music I’ve ever heard. Each listen takes you further in. More symphonic than anything else. It forces you to think differently about music, much like Kid A. I imagine people will be listening to this in 50 years.