1. There’s needs to be some blood in the game. In today’s world, the message will be far more easily drowned out by all the props and other “gospels.” They need to know you have and do lean hard into it. It has to have at the very least been the only good news you had at one time. And then? You came out on the other side trusting more. There has to be blood in the game.
2. I can’t tell the difference anymore between normal programming and Olympic coverage.
3. I’m not very handy around the house. I wish I was better with power tools than I am. At 44 years old I’ve learned it’s better for me to just be on friendly terms with a guy who repairs them cheap and quick.
4. I started teaching Romans last week in my Sunday School class. The night before I woke in a cold sweat because I was afraid no one would come. About a hundred showed up which would’ve caused the same if I’d known.
5. I’m at that point of the year where Fall feels close. But it’s a false feeling because I live in Alabama and it won’t really feel like Fall till Late October.
6. You weren’t created to take in all the tragedy, causes, and concerns that are constantly hitting you up for emotional responses on social media.
7. I’m not good with simple tools either.
8. I rooted against Usain Bolt because I never want my kids to think loving the spotlight like that is okay.
9. I love being at home.
10. Laughing with Bethany is my favorite.