2. This morning I woke up far before my alarm. And one of the first things I did was go stand in the front yard and look up. The sky was pockmarked with stars and everything was completely silent. No cars heard in the distance. No dogs barking. No leaves rustling. And then I took a barefooted step and could hear the grass under my feet. You don’t get many quiet moments like that.
3. I tried to listen to the new Bon Iver. But here’s the thing – it’s terrible. The Emperor has no clothes. It’s barely music. And he may need to go to rehab.
4. People are threatening to not watch the NFL because of the national anthem protests. And the NFL is not doing anything about it. I don’t really care about the protests, but really? The cover up of CTE was not enough, but this is your last straw?
5. I don’t understand how any Christian could support either candidate for president.
6. I have basically given up on reading music critics. Amazon reviews are worth far more. I care more about what housewives and plumbers think than experts.
7. I saw Jason Isbell twice in 5 days. And now it’s hard to imagine any concert not by him being any good. Maybe it’ll pass.
8. I don’t understand how any Christian could fear any presidential candidate.
9. The only thing that could make me feel better after listening to almost 3 songs on the new Bon Iver album was Dylan’s Blonde on Blonde.
10. I just realized this is a “get off my lawn” version of random thoughts. Can we blame it on lack of sleep? Also I need a Werthers. (Puts on cardigan.)