1. It is good news that the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. Because so many of us have hard situations that either seem to never cease or will only cease when our hearts beat their last.
2. I think it’s a good idea to evaluate the music you listen to by, “Would I trust these people with my kids?”
3. I assume the people incessantly posting politics on Facebook are the same ones that make sure I know all their opinions on the various issues with bumper stickers. I assume their political opinions and stances on various issues are accessories, like earrings and broaches.
4. This past Tuesday I spoke at a retreat and my time there was slow and relaxed. It was the opposite of every other Tuesday. And like a gift from God, full of grace and mercy.
5. I think people were under the illusion Disney cared about them more than money.
6. So there’s this series on Netflix called Captive. And each episode is the true story of people being held captive. Nothing prepares you for one of the stories being about someone you know.
7. I love the reverse echo of the resurrection in the laughter of friends.
8. I knew I hadn’t gotten enough sleep when I got choked up at my desk while listening to The AvettBrothers’ “Head Full of Doubt.” That “decide what to be and go be it” part.
9. My résumé reminds me of that lost Mars rover that disappeared into the blackness of space.
10. About to celebrate 18 years of marriage with Bethany. In the far reaches of my memories I can just barely reach a recollection of my life before her. But it’s not worth the effort. No day previous compares to our hardest day.
You knew someone on the Captive series?
Yep. Gracia Burnham. I know her and her her two youngest. Good people.
Nice to know I’m not the only pastor who gets choked up at “decide what to be and go be it”. Also great piece on True Sadness – much appreciated