2. Let me say again, increasingly you will be made to feel guilty about not protesting ________. And what is incredible is how much of this will come from the church. In other words, the standard of concern is the amount of “ink” used to protest via social media. Resist it.
3. In light of Acts 6:4, it is astonishing how prayer is rarely mentioned in pastoral job descriptions.
4. Last night I watched a baseball game. It was Spring Training. And it was between two teams I didn’t care about. But it was baseball. And it was beautiful. So very beautiful.
5. The Scriptures are closer in kind to love letters than textbooks.
6. The new Alison Krauss is exquisite. I’ve listened to it a couple dozen times now and can tell you it will be nominated for album of the year and may win. But even if I’m wrong, it’s still a beautiful collection of songs.
7. Four months till I see Tedeschi Trucks Band live. Four long months.
8. It is now rebellious to say a boy is a boy and a girl is girl. Maybe that’s why old music sounds so good.
9. The desire to speed up baseball is needless. We should be trying to slow everything down so that it’s like baseball.
10. I love to sit in the silence and listen to the background of the early morning. It makes music sweeter, the voice of God clearer, and I can hear the train down in valley below. For a moment, I am outside of my own time and feel as if I could be enjoying a morning from long ago.