1. There are times when you wake up in the early morning and the Gospel of grace is easily believed. There is no dust to be removed. It’s just right there. Those mornings are a gift. Those mornings are rare.
2. Reserve your outrage for yourself.
3. As my fantasy team improves, the Cardinals struggle. Selah.
4. The new Chris Stapleton was made for vinyl.
5. Let me repeat – there are an infinite number of ways to fall off the head of a pin.
6. I’ve been listening to R.E.M. a lot lately. Actually it’s been about a year now that I’ve been revisiting their catalogue . Most of it is what I enjoyed in High School and college. A friend kindly leant me some DVDs of their live performances on MTV and while watching those it dawned on me why I’m still listening. There was a lot of comfort in those albums for a kid that didn’t feel like he fit the mold. Southern tones with abstract lyrics. Banjos and electric guitars. Intensity and weightlessness. I understood all that and in a very real way felt understood by these guys from just a state over.
7. My kids are almost done with school. Which is good, because I’m tired of doing homework…
8. A kingdom for my commentaries.
9. I’m pretty convinced the damage done to the one who only posts the happy moments repeatedly on social media and the damage done to the reader is incalculable.
10. It’s bittersweet when my wife finds a good book. Sweet because it makes her happy. Bitter because she disappears.
#3 – I have no fantasies, but the Braves are doing alright
#9 – agreed
Re: R.E.M. was so good to me because they were full of mystery. Lyrics, album cover art, song titles, etc….
I remember once a friend saying they didn’t like them because they could not understand the meaning of the songs. That is one reason I loved them. Like a good poet, meaning often came slow.