1. The gospel of grace will always refresh us the most when our souls are the most parched.
2. I don’t watch a whole lot of movies because none of them are like Paterson.
3. We should be heartened when politicians like Bernie Sanders think poorly of us who believe the gospel. For our Lord was also thought poorly of for the same reasons.
4. Many think the country is going down the tubes because of politicians. I think it’s because we advertise cheap divorce on billboards just like fast food.
5. Hi, my name is Matt and I’m addicted to Palmetto Cheese from Costco.
6. I see a lot of arguments on Twitter among Pastors and church leaders and it’s rarely about the gospel. Even if it was, it would still be like watching a fight in a room full of people without much regard for each other or those watching.
7. I read an article about Paterson and the filmmaker decried how poetry has disappeared from public life. He’s right. And now it’s relegated to the back corners of all the bookstores and the libraries. That’s how you get Kenny Chesney and Joel Osteen, both.
8. What’s really amazing to me is Jason Isbell recorded the new album in a couple of weeks. And it’s a masterpiece. Why is it taking U2 so dadgum long?
9. The other day I told my middle son that in heaven every day will be like Saturday and I didn’t realize how much I needed to hear this myself till I choked it out.
10. The kindness of my wife is museum-quality rare. Rarely seen. Heard of, like news from distant lands. But everyday for me.