2. The new poet laureate, Tracy K. Smith, is worth your attention.
3. How is that fight on social media working out for you?
4. Our kids had Papa John’s pizza for the first time last night and gushed like they were eating from the tree of life.
5. A bad meal with good friends is better than a feast with kings.
6. “Does anyone ever point out that you have same name as…”
“Eight times this week.”
7. Unless you care deeply about poetry, you cannot know the importance of spending time with someone who cares deeply about it.
8. The lack of time between reading and reaction that is felt is far too quick for true engagement with subject matter, these days.
9. The location is irrelevant as long as Bethany is there.
10. The new Jason Isbell album is so good I didn’t even ask for records for Father’s Day. I don’t want to listen to anything else.