1. Those who place their hopes and fears in politicians will always be disappointed.
2. We should expect disagreement without insult and contempt from those who follow Jesus.
3. Dallas Willard believes love for enemies is a sure sign of discipleship.
4. For many it can be hard to imagine evaluating anything political with the kingdom of the heavens at the center.
5. Do you even want to take the time to understand why someone would think differently than you on an any given issue?
6. Jesus is not a consolation prize when your candidate loses.
7. Look, you don’t have to agree with a guy like John Piper on everything but he is one of those who shouldn’t have to die before he is given his due respect with a good thoughtful listen.
8. When we disagree on theology or politics, we need a category of, “I am not where you are on this issue but I can see why you would believe that and that is a reasonable position to take.”
9. If you are in a position in which you want the opposing candidate to make mistakes and commit sins so that it is easier for your candidate to win, you have forgotten the gospel.
10. The news stations and news websites and newspapers are in the business of making disciples also.