1. Sometimes your day is full to the edge of all the blues a song can hold and then you get free tickets to sit in the front row of the Mezzanine and hear Emmylou Harris sing “Prayer In Open D.”
2. The rain delay for the Cardinals began as we left to go eat and see Emmylou in concert. The game began as soon as we returned home. Cards won. I’m winning.
3. I don’t appreciate the school pressuring my son to wear pink today. Although I’m kinda glad he has no idea why.
4. My family only eats organic pumpkin candy.
5. I have eight sick days left so I’m now drinking after everyone as much as possible.
6. I’m about to finish my fortieth year on this strange and beautiful earth. And I still prefer hot dogs over all things. And wish I had a lightsaber.
7. Now that I’m coming to the end of LOTR and have worked so hard to get there once again, I find myself not wanting it to end.
8. I have renounced Satan and his show, Yo Gabba Gabba.
9. (Unspoken random thought…, hey I grew up baptist)
10. Sometimes the stress of life and the toil of reality breaks upon the soul’s shore and then you get a respite in the form of Emmylou Harris singing “Boulder to Birmingham.”
Emmylou Harris and Patty Griffin are gifts from God for my soul. I am glad that others can also benefit from those gifts to me.