If you have no idea what is going on, read this.
The post that started it all is here.
If you are clueless on who Rob Bell is, go here.
Update: Here is a really interesting post on Rob.
1. I have never read a Rob Bell book. And have never wanted to till now.
2. I have however prejudged a book of his before and then been found to be wrong.
3. It will not commend the gospel of grace to anyone who does not believe the gospel (or who you might think is in error), to denounce a book and it’s author before it has been released. The young people we keep saying we are worried about will not take us and our concerns seriously. Only the ones who agree with orthodox views on hell will listen. And retweet.
4. Rob Bell may be a universalist. Or he may just not be all that on clear on purpose.
6. I love John Piper but his ‘farewell’ tweet to Rob Bell was poorly done.
7. Harper Collins Wins.
8. The Synod of Dort took 6 months, the council of Nicea at least two months. Not sure if 6 days is enough.
9. If I had to make a prediction, I think this will end up being a non-issue when the book comes out. The worried one will not see a crystal clear declaration and the fans of Bell will keep on being fans. Again, all it would have taken to get a listen from those who do not already agree with them, would be for the Calvinist bloggers to wait till the book comes and and be able to say, “I have read it, this is what I think.” But now? Impossible.
10. I’m hoping the Publisher sends me a free copy. If I have to wait I may forget about this by the time it comes out. (Just heard from publisher and I should get a copy soon.)