1) Jesus does not appear in the NT to care about protecting the brand.
2) I tend to assume the worst of those I disagree with and assume the best of myself. The gospel of grace *should* change that.
3) Most of the things we argue about in the church assume wealth and liberty.
4) I think Christians should be far more afraid of money than we are.
5) Fundamentalism sees error everywhere but within.
6) Spellcheck recognizes “cheesiness.”
7) When the Cherokee walked the Trail of Tears, many were heard singing “Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah.”
8) The *fix* for the greatest problem in the Universe is grace. Why do I try to fix everything else without it?
9) My wife’s cooking > everywhere else.
10) The loss of both parents in such a short period of time is starting to overwhelm.
I spent two years working on the Navajo Reservation. They still discuss the Trail of Tears and many have come to follow “The Great Spirit.” I know. I attended a Christian Reformed church with Navajos.
I am sorry for your loss.
Interesting thoughts, as usual. Can you given an example or two for number three?
Video sermons on multiple campus’
yes, agreed. would be interesting in knowing how much infighting there would be about a whole range of things, even things that American Christians take as essential (age of earth, evolution, role of women) are fought about in places that have daily, heavy life struggles.