1. There is a King and a Kingdom. There is a King and a Kingdom. There is a King and a Kingdom. There is a King and a Kingdom. There is a King and a Kingdom. There is a King and a Kingdom. There is a King and a Kingdom.
2. Beware of Christians who do not seem worried about speaking too strongly about how we should live, but they are worried about speaking too strongly about how much we are loved.
3. Those who follow the crucified King should be the last to be concerned about what is cool.
4. We now live in a world in which the only real rebellion is believing the Bible stories are true.
5. Seeing that picture of Justin Bieber holding Tim Keller’s The Meaning of Marriage has thrown for me a loop. But a good loop. It is quite possible that now that book and Keller are being listened to the world over by those who would have never encountered him otherwise. And they are now encountering Jesus in all his glory and grace.
6. I need songs that help me wait for the coming King.
7. The hardest part of the coming school year will be resting on Saturday.
8. I was able to spend a lot of time with my daughter and sons this summer. Some of it was hard. Most was wonderful. What I learned though was, my interests and hobbies and how I spend my time and money and what I talk about are, whether intentionally or unintentionally, part of the discipleship of my kids. I have grieved over my lack of awareness of this at 4 am on many mornings.
9. If forced to choose a once-in-a-lifetime dinner with any famous person or my wife, dinner with her without even a wisp of regret.
10. After having two plus months off work, I am back to teaching teenagers about the deep things of God and the glory of the coming King. Below is a list of things I miss about working at the bank.
#8 cuts like a knife – thankfully so. As my pwn kids have become teens I have seen in them a mirror of what has mattered to me over the last years. Sometimes it has been exhilarating and too often it has been heart-breaking. Thank you Matt.
I do not really understand what you mean by #4.
Matt, are you OK?
You haven’t posted in quite a while.
Just checking in.
Hi Matt – I wasn’t sure how to get a hold of you. My friend shared that your book The God of the Mundane was pivotal in his life. I wanted to read it as well. How can I get a copy? For some reason Amazon doesn’t have any current stock. Thank you for your time and help:)
Hey Jessica, I am terrible at monitoring comments! Are you still interested in getting a copy?