1. I don’t want to live in a world with no black bomb birds.
2. Normally after I see a band/singer live in concert, I want to listen to their music. But after seeing U2 and Josh Ritter live, I’ve just wanted to listen to Adele. And Ray Charles.
3. Well, at least I write good.
4. I don’t believe in forced baptisms or conversions. But I do believe in forced Harry Potter readings.
5. My son keeps telling me it’s unfair there are not more “punch bugs” on the road. And I don’t even know how to respond except to say, “I know.”
6. I’m very, very particular about what coffee I will drink – it has to be inexpensive, brown and hot or lukewarm.
7. So I’m reading The Count of Monte Cristo and the whole time I’m thinking, “This is incredible! Why didn’t I read this for the 7th time earlier!”
8. Taking the kids to the beach next week. Thinking about going on vacation afterwards.
9. I’m pretty sure the answer to our country’s financial problems are jet-packs and rocket-launchers.
10. This bacon-free list is brought to you by Thursday morning’s sausage and biscuits.
1. I think fries should be served with pizza.
2. Shouldn’t it be “debt floor” instead?
3. It may be true that the bigger they are the harder they fall. But it is also true that the the bigger they are the more untouchable they are.
4. I keep thinking of Lionel Richie when I read about the debt ceiling.
5. How come every movie isn’t as awesome as Silverado?
6. Yesterday a number of people ended up on my blog because they searched for “cokkie crisp cereal.”
7. Look, I don’t like spanking my kids either but…Angry Birds!
8. I have now read a number of people say we should not be reading those vicious anti-SGM attack sites full of nothing but angry, spiteful, disgruntled people. What is wrong with this statement?
9. I didn’t really believe in the circle of life till I saw my kids laughing hard at Tom & Jerry this morning.
10. Shrimp wrapped in bacon.
1. It’s been 10 years since I heard U2 live. Is it like riding a bike?
2. I feel sorry for Pacifists. Cause the Bourne movies are awesome. And Star Wars, Shenandoah, The Godfather and Saving Private Ryan. Of course they do have Bambi.
3. I’d be better at Angry Birds if my kids didn’t need to eat a ridiculous 3 times a day.
4. Finding out John Lennon was a closet Republican has made my week. It’s my double fantasy.
5. Wasn’t feeling very Southern, so I ate some fried pickles last night. Helps.
6. Sometimes I just sit and watch my kids playing. And sometimes I just stand there and watch bacon sizzling.
7. Do you think the makers of the Star Wars prequels thought, “Well, Mark Hamill couldn’t act and look at how well those did?”
8. Emotions are poor substitutes for facts.
9. It is a special day when as a Dad you realize you’re 2 year old son can make crashing noises with his toy cars.
10. On the 4th (sorry Pacifists) I’ll be smoking some ribs (sorry vegetarians) and I’m not sure which I’m looking forward to more, the smoking or the eating (sorry Damerons).
Update: I guess they have become random thoughts for the weekend since the blog was down a good bit of yesterday and today
1. I saw a commercial for the kid’s show, Martha Speaks. The background music was Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon.
2. I now get emails, fb messages and tweets about bacon on a daily basis.
3. There is no subject known to man that my two oldest cannot relate in some way to Star Wars.
4. Started running again. And you would think it would be easier to start back 30 lbs lighter. But nooooo, that is not the case.
5. We are having Carnitas tonight. In other words, heaven and earth will collide for about an hour.
6. In the irony of all ironies, libraries attract those who have no inclination to be quiet.
7. Someone asked for my fax number and I immediately had a Duran Duran tune in my head.
8. In college I took creative writing. I got a C.
9. Angry Birds may or may not have something to do with my reading books so slowly these days.
10. Sorry, this has taken so long. Today, I had to sign and mail the paperwork to the Publisher…you know, for the book I’m writing. No big deal. Just a dream coming true.
1. Do you know how hard it is to play Angry Birds living in a house with 4 other people?
2. I’m guessing our president and vice president were against pretty much everything they have done before they were for it.
3. Wisteria. Red Buds. Dogwoods. Azalea. Pear. Cherry. Oak. Honeysuckle. Bacon.
4. Wait…if we think a book is heretical because a famous pastor said it was, does that make the pastor a Cardinal?
5. My kids like to play with all the pillows and cushions from the couch. And they like to do so on the floor. I say we leave them there to show our solidarity with the Middle East.
6. I’m no Monk, but I find it hard to drive my car with all this pollen on it.
7. Hey, if that pastor/cardinal is upset, are they an angry bird?
8. Bethany and I have been watching the Star Wars movies and the first two remind me of MST3K.
9. Do we really think Twitter is a great place to mass rebuke people we have never set our eyes on?
10. So, I’m reading this book about heaven and hell and the fate of everyone who has ever lived and it tells the story of some people getting a second chance after dying and us being surprised at who is there. I started to throw the book away but then I realized I would only have the first six books of every evangelical’s favorite children’s series.