1. It’s been 10 years since I heard U2 live. Is it like riding a bike?
2. I feel sorry for Pacifists. Cause the Bourne movies are awesome. And Star Wars, Shenandoah, The Godfather and Saving Private Ryan. Of course they do have Bambi.
3. I’d be better at Angry Birds if my kids didn’t need to eat a ridiculous 3 times a day.
4. Finding out John Lennon was a closet Republican has made my week. It’s my double fantasy.
5. Wasn’t feeling very Southern, so I ate some fried pickles last night. Helps.
6. Sometimes I just sit and watch my kids playing. And sometimes I just stand there and watch bacon sizzling.
7. Do you think the makers of the Star Wars prequels thought, “Well, Mark Hamill couldn’t act and look at how well those did?”
8. Emotions are poor substitutes for facts.
9. It is a special day when as a Dad you realize you’re 2 year old son can make crashing noises with his toy cars.
10. On the 4th (sorry Pacifists) I’ll be smoking some ribs (sorry vegetarians) and I’m not sure which I’m looking forward to more, the smoking or the eating (sorry Damerons).
1. Been watching X-Files while sick. I can only assume they don’t film on sunny days and could not afford proper lighting.
2. I have not had bacon in a few days…which I think explains me not feeling well.
3. If a pastor has to use hyperbole and call something “Satanic” to get people’s attention, I can only assume their attention is not needed.
4. Either I have a fever or it’s June in Alabama.
5. We are a culture in which men struggle to talk to each other in a way that does not include ridicule.
6. The other night I ate Cookie Crisp cereal while my wife played Lego Star Wars. Midlife crisis?
7. Just watched a documentary on Mark Twain. Hard to like a a guy who rails against a world for the things he laughs about within himself.
8. Thought I could not love Springsteen’s Darkness on the Edge of Town any more than I already did. Then I watched the documentary. Twice.
9. So a bunch of reporters went through my emails and walked away convinced I was awesome.
10. Someone asked me if I would be doing any giveaways on this blog when my book is released. I asked them what they thought I should give away.
1. Last night I slept like a baby. Except I wasn’t in a crib and didn’t wear a diaper. And didn’t go to bed at eight. Or sleep till seven. Or need changing when I woke up.
2. Went to the beach. Ate shrimp about six different ways. Came back.
3. My son wanted to be like Han Solo. So he unbuttoned his shirt.
4. Most people are not pastors and missionaries. Most recommended Christian biography is of pastors and missionaries. This is a problem.
5. Went to the beach. Ate bacon about six different ways. Came back.
6. Last Friday night I slept for over 11 hours. This will forever go down in Matt Redmond history as The Night of the Great Sleep.
7. Speaking of diapers, my 2 year old can walk around in just that in this heat. I’m jealous.
8. I’m not sure the bikini is for everyone.
9. We drink Folgers. Take that hipsters.
10. Well, turned in my manuscript. Now what?
1. I just threw away a toy and felt very empowered doing so.
2. Give peace a chance? Pasha! Give me a chance at a piece of bacon.
3. I broke down and bought some sandals to wear. I think they are men’s sandals.
4. Three words: Southern. Fried. Broccoli.
5. Not that my crocs weren’t comfortable. What is uncomfortable is the way people look at me when I wear them in public. You know, when they pull their children close and then keep an eye on me.
6. Watched Return of the Jedi the other day. Not sure why, but I like Leia in this one a lot more.
7. I know all my kids need Jesus. But my youngest may need the whole Trinity.
8. I would like to apologize to all my readers for eating something organic.
9. Did my first wedding. It might take.
10. Headed to the beach. And I like everything about the beach except the heat, wind, sand and salt water. Which leaves seafood.
Update: I guess they have become random thoughts for the weekend since the blog was down a good bit of yesterday and today
1. I saw a commercial for the kid’s show, Martha Speaks. The background music was Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon.
2. I now get emails, fb messages and tweets about bacon on a daily basis.
3. There is no subject known to man that my two oldest cannot relate in some way to Star Wars.
4. Started running again. And you would think it would be easier to start back 30 lbs lighter. But nooooo, that is not the case.
5. We are having Carnitas tonight. In other words, heaven and earth will collide for about an hour.
6. In the irony of all ironies, libraries attract those who have no inclination to be quiet.
7. Someone asked for my fax number and I immediately had a Duran Duran tune in my head.
8. In college I took creative writing. I got a C.
9. Angry Birds may or may not have something to do with my reading books so slowly these days.
10. Sorry, this has taken so long. Today, I had to sign and mail the paperwork to the Publisher…you know, for the book I’m writing. No big deal. Just a dream coming true.
1. *I* only eat free-range Peeps.
2. I know the conventional wisdom is to not throw stones in glass houses but you may not want to live in one either, what with the lack of privacy and all. And all the stones being thrown around.
3. Two words: Bacon Jerky.
4. For some reason my wife refuses to dress up like Princess Leia…now OR at Halloween.
5. Well, now I am *really* confused on what the Nobel Peace Prize means.
6. I have a hatchet.
7. Is it bad parenting to call your child ‘Darth Knox’? Hypothetically speaking, of course.
8. I don’t have any money nor prospects for any, so my wife must’ve married me for my body.
9. Do you think Jimmy Carter avoids the mall around Easter?
10. Glad I was able to ease the 8 year old mind of my daughter. “No one *really* died in that light saber battle between Obi Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader?”
1. Do you know how hard it is to play Angry Birds living in a house with 4 other people?
2. I’m guessing our president and vice president were against pretty much everything they have done before they were for it.
3. Wisteria. Red Buds. Dogwoods. Azalea. Pear. Cherry. Oak. Honeysuckle. Bacon.
4. Wait…if we think a book is heretical because a famous pastor said it was, does that make the pastor a Cardinal?
5. My kids like to play with all the pillows and cushions from the couch. And they like to do so on the floor. I say we leave them there to show our solidarity with the Middle East.
6. I’m no Monk, but I find it hard to drive my car with all this pollen on it.
7. Hey, if that pastor/cardinal is upset, are they an angry bird?
8. Bethany and I have been watching the Star Wars movies and the first two remind me of MST3K.
9. Do we really think Twitter is a great place to mass rebuke people we have never set our eyes on?
10. So, I’m reading this book about heaven and hell and the fate of everyone who has ever lived and it tells the story of some people getting a second chance after dying and us being surprised at who is there. I started to throw the book away but then I realized I would only have the first six books of every evangelical’s favorite children’s series.