1) I had no idea the response I would get just by saying on social media that I was looking for a position in pastoral ministry. It’s a luxury really because back when I was in pastoral ministry you had to be fairly quiet about looking. I’m thankful for the kind responses and interest churches and individuals are showing. A blog post is coming soon…
2) My 10 yr old daughter told me she can’t wait till high school so she can study chemistry so I’m wondering where I can get a paternity test done.
3) One of the best ways to deny someone’s dignity is to ask them what their thoughts are on something and then immediately argue with them.
4) This past weekend Bethany and I celebrated our 15th Anniversary. The kids stayed at my mom’s, we ate out, slept in, went hiking and sold a car. You know the stuff you’d expect to do on an Anniversary weekend.
5) Ichiro once had 262 hits in a season where he played 160 games. Think about that for a moment.
6) My time working in the business has been a masters level instruction in humility, patience, and kindness. I’ll never graduate.
7) My surburban Wal-Mart is more diverse than…well, anything.
8) Only a person in their 20s would ask me in my forties why I eat bran every morning.
9) Spring in Birmingham is one of my favorite things. The sights and smells and feels stretch back into childhood and all the hopes and dreams of warm weather and long days.
10) There’s a ragged beauty in honest hurting people – the poor in spirit, I suppose.